Tomorrow marks the start of a new beginning for me. Big Fish begins rehearsal for BROADWAY!!! If you had asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would have told you very sincerely, that I was going to be on Broadway. These past few years have been more than I ever could have hoped for, and I feel so incredibly lucky.
…SO that was deep.
Something that is LESS deep, but still crucially important is: Mexican Food
(Yea good intro I know)
I love mexican food. Unfortunately, restaurants tend to serve grease dripping, cheese lathered, sour cream drenched food (god that sounds so delicious). Since I can’t have that in my life, I love to make my own mexican food at home! I’ll often times make salads, or veggie tacos (i’ll post some recipes another time). Yesterday, I had some left over zucchini in the fridge (from the farmers market) and decided I would come up with some random skillet dish… what resulted was ridiculously tasty and satisfying!!!
Mexican Veggie Skillet
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 Portobello mushroom chopped (I used the big kind, but baby bellas would work too)
- 1/2 small eggplant chopped
- onion (as much as you want)
- 1 fresh tomato chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped (depending on how garlicy you like your food)
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese of choice (I used non dairy)
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (I love cilantro, but if it’s not your thing, don’t use so much, or any at all)
- 1/8 cup water
- Optional: Chilli powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder (I used them all but I didn’t measure)
Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add water and ALL veggies and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Next, mix in cilantro and salsa. Add your spices, mix well, and cover to cook until veggies are soft (about 10 minutes). Once the veggies are cooked, stir in cheese and quinoa. Gently stir and allow the cheese to melt in with the veggies. Transfer to plate, and add more cilantro on top.
I love love love this dish, and will be making it often.
Well, I hope you have a fantastic Sunday Night… I will be sitting on my couch watching BREAKING BAD with the boy!!!!!!