The more you eat em’ the more you…
…oh common you all know what comes next!
Now that I’ve revisited my 10-year-old self, I would like to talk about beans. They are AWESOME. They are a fantastic source of protein, fiber, and are low in fat. They may, in fact, be my favorite source of vegetable protein!
Me: “In my opinion, you can add beans to just about anything. Salads…Stir fries…Deserts”
You: “Wait what?!”
Me: “Yea I swear!”
You: “That’s Gross, and You’re CRAZY!”
Crazy I may be, but Gross I am not. Eating beans as a desert may sound like a bad choice, but I promise you will not be disappointed.
So I DARE you to try this recipe…Let me know what you think 🙂
Protein Packed Puddin’
- 1/2 cup black beans (I didn’t drain them but I don’t think that matters)
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup apple sauce (no sugar added)
- 2 tbs fat free greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp chia seeds (not necessary but they thicken it up when you leave it in the fridge)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 packets stevia sweetener (or sweetener of choice)
- 3 TBS coco powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt (less is more!)
- 1 scoop protein powder (Can be omitted, but it helps to pack a protein punch!)
- 2 tsp rolled oats to thicken
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on low until you get a smooth consistency.
Scoop out into a bowl and set in fridge over night.
Awesome Facts: This has virtually NO FAT. Also, All of the sweetness comes from natural sources. Your body can process food like this in no time flat. It is an amazing source of protein and a small amount will keep you full and satisfied. It is also chocolate. Chocolate is the best thing in the world.
THIS Pudding is a great replacement for artificially sweetened Sugar free jello…
ASK yourself: Do you know what all of the ingredients that are in Sugar free jello? Didn’t think so.