I love coffee. I love the ritual of it. I drink it everyday. I have no intentions of giving it up…EVER
Now that that’s out of the way 🙂
I usually take my coffee pretty simple: 1 tbs coconut creamer and 2 stevia packets.
Did I mention that it is STILL 1 million degrees in NYC? Perhaps I am SLIGHTLY exaggerating, but it is freakin’ hot. How does hot coffee sound to you on a sweltering morning? I’ll give you the answer…it sounds TERRIBLE. This morning I wanted something COLD. I NEEDED something cold. The most logical step to take would to make iced coffee right? Nope, not cold enough. Well what’s a girl to do?!
Ever take a sip of ICE cold water while chewing gum? Its FREEZING. That was the kind of cold I wanted. AND THEN IT HIT ME!
Peppermint iced coffee! It reminds me of a thin mint and is amazing and delicious and you all should try it.
Thin mint Iced Coffee
- 8oz iced coffee (make a big pot and keep the leftovers in the fridge)
- 1 TBS coco powder
- 1 drop of peppermint extract ( I used 3/4 full of the small cap)
- 1/8-1/4 cup coconut milk (or almond, soy, regular milk etc)
- 1 tbs coconut creamer (any creamer will work)
- 2 stevia packets (Sweeten to taste)
Note: Peppermint extract is really strong, be easy on it at first. You can always add more, but you can’t take it out!
- Combine creamer, milk, coco powder and peppermint extract in a jar. Cover tight and shake. SHAKE A LOT. (It will take a bit to combine the coco powder with the rest of the ingredients.)
- Add Black Iced coffee and shake some more
- Pour the entire thing over ice and BAM! Peppermint, chocolaty, coffee goodness